1. Stop comparing yourself to others and where they go.
2. Do only what you love. Don’t waste your time exploring somebody else’s dream destinations.
3. If something goes wrong, don’t get angry too quickly. Maybe something better is coming along instead.
4. Big expectations are the greatest obstacle to appreciating what you have.
6. Instead of souvenirs, collect experiences, friends and beautiful memories.
7. Accept that not everything is made to be comfortable or to suit you.
8. What you think is ‘wrong’ might be normal here. Everything ‘normal’ has its geographical borders.
9. Don’t stick strictly to the plan – allow yourself the occasional detour. (Get inspired with Spontaneous travel – 9 steps to enjoy an unplanned trip)
10. Accept acts of hospitality. If someone in the street invites you to have a coffee, take the opportunity to get to know them. That’s how the best stories (and friendships) begin.